Friday, June 29, 2007

Oh My Goodness

Amelia pulled up to a stand in her crib today all by herself. Oh my goodness, my baby stood up by herself. Slowly but surely our time with a child who will remain in the place you put her is coming to a close. I let Amelia play in her crib all the time, it's great for me to get things done while she's happily playing in a safe space. Now, until I know she's got this standing thing under control, I really can't just leave her in there. She falls to the side when she's done and if I wasn't there to catch her she would have slammed right into the bars. So begins the rough path of watching her fall down a lot! And learning the balance of when to step in and help, and when to let her struggle so she can learn to do things on her own. My baby's growing up so fast!

No comments: